Wednesday, September 3, 2014

I've never blogged before, but I type much faster than I can write by hand.  Yes, I know cursive.  Yes, my kids will know it too.  The older does, the second is too young still.  So, what do I want to write about?  How will anyone even find this?  I don't know yet, I still have to figure that out.  So, the topics I've been pondering lately vary from parents to parenting to crafting to suicide.  Robin Williams' suicide bothers me.  I'm a Christian, so I believe in heaven.  However, I don't believe that everyone goes to heaven just because they're dead or they were a "good person."  What does "good person" even mean?  Is there a balance beam and if you're better than half the world you're good?  Anyway, his death bothers me.  I watched him on Mork and Mindy, but I don't remember him guest starring on Happy Days.  That was the show, right?

I've been thinking about faith and religion and how the world sees religion, specifically Christianity.  It is the defining basis for my life, but I know it's not the same for many people.  Media, culture and many of my own relatives are pretty hostile to Christianity, if not specifically to me.  I've been thinking about what the alternatives are.  I think one prevailing view is that when you die, it's over.  There isn't really anything after death.  Or if there's a heaven or an afterlife, it's pretty generic, floating on clouds, playing harps.........not anything particularly interesting.  So when a tribute that said "Genie, you're free....." came out, it just made me sad.  Because I don't want to think that a man who made me laugh isn't in heaven.  I'm pretty sure he's not, because I don't recall anything mentioning about any religious views he held, let alone being a Christian.  And that makes me sad.  I wish it made me more bold about my faith, but so far, I wimp out.  And I'm not entirely sure why.  Which is why I'm making this blog anonymous.  I'm just a woman with feet of clay.  I am still afraid of ridicule by the world, even though larger things are at stake.

Not where I thought I'd go with this.  I really want to ramble about lighter things, such as books, crafts, kids, life, funny things, science jokes and stuff like that.  Guess it isn't happening today.

Now, how in the heck do I use hashtags?  Will it work here?  How does anyone find a random blog anyway?

#myfirstblog

No comments:

Post a Comment