I love to read. Absolutely. If they want to make a place I'd never leave, just combine a library with Hobby Lobby. Oh, and some food somehow. I'll read almost anything except horror. I have kids, a family, I don't need to have any more random scary things to imagine happening to them.
I've been thinking about sci-fi lately. A friend on Facebook posted an article challenging authors to write about happier worlds, not the dystopian stories like Hunger Games. What would you write about where technology makes life better? I've read several of J.D. Robb's (Nora Roberts) novels set in NYC about 50 years in the future and I don't really think I'd like her world. From the silly to the serious: there's only Pepsi, no Coke. I'm a big fan of Vanilla Coke Zero and I'd miss it. Also, they've legalized prostitution, basically. Anything to make money, right? Ick. And they somehow have squashed down the Constitution and removed guns from normal people and even cops. Only the bad guys have the big weapons. Not smart.
I'll do some more thinking on this.
#reading #books #scifi
No comments:
Post a Comment